A few weeks ago I scored some used plywood and OSB sheathing. We just found the photos we took so I thought I’d post news of this lucky find. Sheathing will add a lot of rigidity and strength to the shell. The only disadvantage is that they won’t give me the look the way I want but I think I can still do something with pallet boards on the exterior to achieve the finish I want.
After removing all the nails I’ll put it on the exterior walls and interior ceiling. But first I need to put some roofing on it and insulate the roof. I’ve had little luck finding anything suitable for the roof but I’ve also had little time to scrounge around… so at the very least I’ll cover it before the rain starts with roofing felt and possibly a tarp. At this point the less rain on the house the better.
The plywood is now stored in the shed/shop at the farm… well protected from the rain. It will stay there until I started putting it on the house.
It was a bit hot this past weekend but I got to spend a couple days working on the house. I had planned to put more boards on the roof but realized that I needed to first finish the eaves. They took a bit of time to build but I think they look pretty good, so even though I didn’t get as much done as I’d hoped I’m still happy with my progress. I came up with the 16×16 diamond window in both eaves on-the-fly and plan to make little opening windows for ventilation.
I took the day off from work we took a half-day trip up the the farm today. I spent a few hours working on the Tiny Free House, shooting some photos and video. I hope this is the beginning of a series of trips that will get me a lot closer to completing the Tiny Free House. Here are a few of the videos I shot.