It was a bit hot this past weekend but I got to spend a couple days working on the house. I had planned to put more boards on the roof but realized that I needed to first finish the eaves. They took a bit of time to build but I think they look pretty good, so even though I didn’t get as much done as I’d hoped I’m still happy with my progress. I came up with the 16×16 diamond window in both eaves on-the-fly and plan to make little opening windows for ventilation.
I also realized the side windows were too high and needed to be lowered so I threw a temporary support in, unscrewed a couple pallets, cut them up and reframed. I only got one window lowered before I called it a day on Sunday.
- Lower other side window.
- Finish putting boards on roof.
- Finish filling in pallet boards on sides so I have something to screw the milled pallet boards onto.
- Finish roof (roofing felt and shingles (The jury is still out on the final roofing material)).
- Mill up a bunch of pallet boards for the siding.
- Wrap it up with house-wrap.
- Screw on the milled pallet board siding.
- Install the windows I got free off craigslist.
- Mill up pallet boards for trim around the windows and door.
- Build the door from pallet wood, and install.
- Seal the exterior with some kind natural free finish. (I’m open to suggestions.)
At that point I’ll be ready to move to working inside the house. My plan is to get all this done before the rain starts. At my current slow pace I think it’s possible. Here are a few more photos.